- n something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose
- n a storage pile accumulated for future use
- v have on hand
- The national stockpile contains a fraction of the face masks the government says we need to protect against a flu pandemic.
- As countries meet their targets for an anti-flu-pandemic Tamiflu stockpile, global demand for the drug is tapering off.
- In order to turn its stockpile of low-enriched uranium into bomb fuel, Iran would have to unambiguously declare its intentions by kicking out the inspectors and breaking from the .
News & Articles
- Federal officials weigh H7N9 vaccine options
Jun 11, 2013 (CIDRAP News) – Intensive federal deliberations are under way on whether to stockpile a vaccine against the H7N9 flu virus that emerged this spring in China, similar to the government's response to the H5N1 avian flu threat, health officials said today.
June 11, 2013 - Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
- Mariners' pipeline seeing a rapid rise in talent
While the Mariners' big league bats may be struggling, help is on the way. The 2013 Draft saw Seattle continue to stockpile big-name offensive talent, adding corner infielder DJ Peterson out of New Mexico and Stanford's Austin Wilson. In total, the Mariners took 40 players, adding to a farm system that has seen a rapid rise in talent since general manager Jack Zduriencik and amateur scouting ...
June 10, 2013 - Seattle Mariners
- WTI Crude Trades Near Two-Day Low as U.S. Stockpiles Seen Rising
West Texas Intermediate crude traded near the lowest level in two-days before a government report that is forecast to show U.S. stockpiles increased.
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Robert Gates in Reuters UK
They're not close to a stockpile, they're not close to a weapon at this point, and so there is some time,Gates said on NBC television's "Meet The Press."
- Dana Perino in Reuters
We are reducing our nuclear weapons stockpile to the lowest level consistent with America's national security and our commitments to friends and allies,White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said in a statement.