- s (poetic) still or calm
in the stilly night
- It begins with the stilly calm of a Christmas carol, but as the stanzas become more aggressive, the conscripts improvise a louder and louder beat of spoon on glass, stick on stick .
- Oft in the stilly nights of the 1970s, the earth's peace will be torn by a thunderous crash as a sleek, supersonic airliner passes high overhead.
- On the saddle of Tennessee's Cumberland Gap at stilly midnight Auctioneer Lee Chrisman raised his voice in mighty bellows.
News & Articles
- Local Little Leaguers impress
When Kyle Seager hit a grand slam into the stands of Safeco Field in a June 5 Mariners’ game, Stilly Valley Little Leaguer Zac Wilch retrieved the ball and handed it to a toddler who had been knocked over in the shuffle to grab it — an act of kindness that would soon be rewarded.
June 19, 2013 - Marysville Globe
- Alec Baldwin in Access Hollywood
He's got it all. He's got his wife. He's got his kids. He's got every movie he wants to make. Hanks is someone who I admire boundlessly. And he's stilly funny and he's happy,Alec said. "Are you happy?"