- s resembling steel as in hardness
steely nerves like those of a steeplejack
- s resembling steel in hardness
- What was there went beyond ambition and her already formidable presence and steely persistence; it was an absolute will to master whatever she encountered.
- Even at 24, Churchill was steely: "I never felt the slightest nervousness," he wrote to his mother.
- She deliberately risked appearing shrill, political and shameless in order to put her opponents in their place and the chattering class may applaud her steely toughness.
News & Articles
- Southards shine for Blooming Grove
They bring a whole new meaning to the term “catching on” but there’s a lot more to the Southard kids — Steely and Keller — a brother and sister catching act at Blooming Grove who are both tough as the steers they raise.
June 12, 2013 - Corsicana Daily Sun
- Niece’s question brings out lighter side of Tiger
Your browser does not support iframes. The man has made an entire career on his steely reserve and unflinching demeanor, but during Tuesday's press conference, Tiger Woods reacted to a question more lightheartedly than we've seen in a long time. … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - NBC on Yahoo! Sports via Yahoo! Sports
- Dragons' football player makes Future Stars team
Dickson Middle rising eighth grader and Dragon lineman Dean Steely knows the sport of football. He started playing eight years ago with the Charlotte Junior Pro Lions and worked hard to sharpen his skills and become a standout for the Dickson Middle Dragons the last two years.
June 11, 2013 - Ashland City Times
- Alexander Downer in Melbourne Herald Sun
In opposition you must show a steely discipline,Mr Downer told ABC Television last night. "If I could say one positive thing about the way Mr Rudd has conducted himself in the last year, the thing he did was he instilled into (the Labor...
- Greg Chappell in Reuters UK
I can see a steely glint in (Ponting's) eyes and that means a few runs around in India this time,said Chappell, who is an assistant coach with the touring party.
- President Bush in CTV.ca
When Georgians gathered here 16 years ago, this square had a different name,Bush told the crowds. "Under Lenin's steely gaze, thousands of Georgians prayed and sang and demanded their independence. The Soviet army crushed that day of...