- v travel by means of steam power
- v emit steam
The rain forest was literally steaming
- v rise as vapor
- v get very angry
- v clean by means of steaming
- v cook something by letting steam pass over it
- s filled with steam or emitting moisture in the form of vapor or mist
a steaming kettle
- r (used of heat) extremely
- E-Mail a Friend In 1997 a team of Japanese engineers dared to imagine a computer so powerful that it could keep track of everything in the world at once steaming rain forests .
- One steaming summer night at 4 a.
- Any time of day or night, you'll find dozens of cars parked out front, while waiters in white sarongs scurry from the kitchen to the kerb, bearing trays of steaming, spicy curries .
News & Articles
- Sense Of Fashion: Embrace a tropical inspiration
Amid the steaming tropical weather left in the wake of Tropical Storm Andrea, we found a delightfully tropical wave of apparel. This year's White Collection by Fab'rik is inspired and effortless.
June 15, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Bubble fest in Ruskin provides fun lessons
RUSKIN - Children squealed and giggled with delight when a woman dressed up like a mad scientist pulled out a steaming chunk of dry ice. Alyssa Rucker, wearing a white lab coat, broke the ice into smaller pieces and dropped them into a beaker full of soap and water.
June 15, 2013 - The Tampa Tribune
- Local officials outraged at cuts in funding for street repairs
Local municipal leaders are steaming mad at Gov. Deval Patrick for cutting Chapter 90 funding, saying less money means fewer streets and roads will be repaired this summer, which will hurt the economy and end up costing taxpayers more in the long run.
June 14, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Bret Bielema in BadgerNation.com (subscription)
The thing that I enjoy is, over the course of the spring, the competition those two have going right now,Bielema said. "I firmly believer, steaming back from my playing days, that competition brings out the best out of people. Tyler got a...
- John Rollins in The Associated Press
Disappointing, but it is what it is,Rollins said. "I'm steaming inside."
- Bette Midler in Forbes
We are going to transform New York City from a town that's mostly asphalt, mostly steaming in the summer, to a place that's cool, green and refreshing to be in all seasons,said Midler, who runs a nonprofit organization called the New York...