- n a farm building for housing horses or other livestock
- v shelter in a stable
- a resistant to change of position or condition
a stable ladder
a stable peace
a stable relationship
- s firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation
the economy is stable
- s not taking part readily in chemical change
- s maintaining equilibrium
- s showing little if any change
- Even the most stable brain operates just a millimeter from madness.
- Also, the stable masters have to adapt to the present circumstances and be concerned with the well-being of sumo on the whole and learn a lot themselves.
- Because there are only 105 stable-master slots in all of sumo, the prices for such training rights can easily approach $2 million.
News & Articles
- Delta sees stable revenue, cheaper jet fuel in 2Q
The president of Delta Air Lines Inc. said Thursday that the company expects strong second-quarter financial results on stable travel demand and slightly lower jet fuel prices than last spring. Delta shares ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Ugandan shilling stable ahead of budget
KAMPALA (Reuters) - - The Uganda shilling was stable in early trade on Thursday as market players held off ahead of the reading of the government's fiscal 2013/14 budget. At 0734 GMT commercial banks in Kampala quoted the currency of east Africa's third-largest economy at 2,587/2,597, unchanged from Wednesday's close. Finance Minister Maria Kiwanuka is expected to present Uganda's budget for the ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- WWE: A Stable for Zeb Colter May Mean a Rebirth of the Era of Colorful Managers
Paul Heyman is firmly ensconced as a WWE manager with his stable of Brock Lesnar , Curtis Axel and, presumably for now, CM Punk. Now comes word that Zeb Colter , whose star rose while that of his prot égé Jack Swagger fell, may not be a one-off ringside adviser. WrestleZone .com reports that the former “Dirty” Dutch Mantel may be on the verge of getting a stable of his own, and his first client ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Ben Bernanke in Seeking Alpha (blog)
But last week was different, and Bernanke said in no uncertain terms that the Fed's "commitment to both price stability and maximum sustainable employment......will be key factors ensuring that the dollar remains a strong and stable currency."
- President Bush in Inquirer.net
On Kosovo, our position is that its status must be resolved in order for the Balkans to be stable. Secondly, we have strongly supported the Ahtisaari plan,Bush said, referring to a so-called "supervised independence" plan put forward by the...
- Gordon Brown in Reuters
It is to make Britain safe and the rest of the world safe that we must make sure we honour our commitment to maintain a free and stable Afghanistan,Brown said.