- v support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- v become stable or more stable
- v make stable and keep from fluctuating or put into an equilibrium
- s made stable or firm
News & Articles
- Gold steadies near $1,380/oz as stock markets stabilise
By Jan Harvey LONDON (Reuters) - Gold prices steadied on Wednesday as stock markets stabilised after two days of losses, but remained under pressure from expectations that central banks' commitment to ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Dollar, shares shaky ahead of U.S. jobs data
By Marc Jones LONDON (Reuters) - The dollar was under pressure on Friday and shares were on track for a third straight week of losses as markets suffered an uneasy run-up to U.S. jobs data later in the session. The dollar hovered near a 3-1/2 month low against a basket of currencies and stabilised against the yen at 96.85 yen after its biggest fall against the Japanese currency in three years on ...
June 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News