- v make square
- v raise to the second power
- v cause to match, as of ideas or acts
- v position so as to be square
He squared his shoulders
- v be compatible with
- v pay someone and settle a debt
I squared with him
- v turn the paddle; in canoeing
- v turn the oar, while rowing
- s having been made square
News & Articles
- New Haven Mayoral Candidates Debate School Issues
Seven New Haven mayoral candidates squared off in a debate Friday evening. They’re all looking to replace current Mayor John Destefano Jr., who is stepping down after 20 years of service to the Elm City. Our own Fox Connecticut reporter …
June 22, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Local leaders cook for junior achievement
Some community leaders put on their aprons and squared off in a cooking competition Thursday night. They took part in the first "so you think you can cook" competition at Alvernia University. Each "chef" cooked up samples for guests to try and vote on. Proceeds from the cook-off go to the Junior Achievement of Greater Reading and Lehigh Valley. The Junior Achievement program prepares young ...
June 21, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Intelligence Squared U.S. Wins 2013 Silver Award at New York Festivals International Radio Programs Awards
Intelligence Squared U.S. has been named the 2013 winner of the Silver Radio Award for Best Public Affairs Program at the New York Festivals International Radio Programs & Promos Awards. Currently broadcast ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Scott Linehan in CNN International
This is certainly a step in the right direction,coach Scott Linehan said. "We're hoping we can get this thing squared away real quickly."
- JD Drew in USA Today
Of his game-winning homer, Drew said: "It was a changeup. He left it in and I squared it up nice enough to get it out of the park."
- Tiger Wood in ESPN
The misses I had were the same shots I was hitting on the range,Woods said. "So I need to go work on that and get it squared away for tomorrow."