- s full of spirit and vitality
a sprightly young girl
a sprightly dance
- Also, for all its eccentricities, it has been a sprightly school, with a lively interest in art.
- Li Ching-yun gave it readily: "Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.
- A sprightly 80-year-old, Bocuse has shaken and shaped France's great culinary heritage more than anyone else before him.
News & Articles
- Trade-deadline buyers and sellers part 1: Catcher and first base
The trade deadline has existed since 1923. The year before, the Yankees and the Giants were in tight pennant races with the two St. Louis teams, the Browns and Cardinals , respectively. Looking for an edge, the Yankees exploited their close relationship with Boston Red Sox owner Harry Frazee to replace their fading third baseman, future Hall of Famer Home Run Baker, with the more sprightly ...
June 14, 2013 - SB Nation
- Mitch Albom: Michigan actor, like 'Ernie' the play, keeps going
For the third year in a row, Will Young, a sprightly 73, will portray Ernie Harwell, the beloved Tigers broadcaster, in the play 'Ernie.'
June 13, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Gregg Popovich in USA Today
Orlando did a great job,Popovich said. "They showed why they are the hottest team in the league." "I thought it was a bad performance on our part. It's a shame (Duncan) was feeling good and sprightly and we wasted it because the...
- Andrew Strauss in CricInfo.com
It is (deflating) at the moment,Strauss said. "When you're 5-0 down in a seven-match series, I'm not feeling all that sprightly if I'm honest. There were some bits of today which were encouraging. I thought our batsmen went out with a much...
- Natalie Angier in Inside BU
Natalie Angier, writing in the New York Times' Sunday Book Review, said: "Wilson invites readers inside and shows them how Darwinism is done, and at lesson's end urges us to go ahead, feel free to try it at home. The result is a sprightly, absorbing...