- n the dispersion of fungicides or insecticides or fertilizer on growing crops (often from a low-flying aircraft)
- n a quantity of small objects flying through the air
- n the application of a liquid in the form of small particles ejected from a sprayer
- v be discharged in sprays of liquid
- v scatter in a mass or jet of droplets
- v cover by spraying with a liquid
- In 1981, amid a furor over spraying to control a 1,400-sq.
- Fearing a farm disaster, California begins aerial sprayingIn Northern California the biological clock was ticking away.
- Forty years ago, the term didn't suggest city kids' spraying their aggressive colored tags all over subway cars and buildings.
- Jason Bay in SI.com
I feel like a kid, jumping around spraying champagne with all these guys,Bay said. "It's been a different journey for me."
- Ban Ki-moon in Reuters
This initiative will offer indoor residual spraying, and bed nets treated with long-lasting insecticide, to all people at risk, especially women and children in Africa,Ban said.
- Sam Farr in Washington Post
Ever since this thing came out I always thought it was a public disaster,said Congressman Sam Farr, a Democrat. "The spraying started and people just went nuts. It became the lightening rod for protests, and that put the whole program at...