- n an opening that allows the passage of liquids or grain
- v gush forth in a sudden stream or jet
- v talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
- One simply cannot relentlessly spout factually-vacant nonsense and expect to be taken seriously.
- All the US Presidential candidates, typically spout the same macho rhetoric on Cuba because they believe it's essential to winning Florida, which in turn is essential to winning the election.
- What is a whale's spout made of? One theory: the spout is condensed vapor from the whale's moist breath.
News & Articles
- Add a pouring spout to make life easier in the kitchen
This little doodad can keep things neater while you’re working in the kitchen. The Silpoura spout was the brainchild of a couple who are avid campers and needed a way to dispose of cooking grease without dumping it in the woods. Gail suggested there should be “a ‘Thing’. Like a spout. That you could clip [...]
June 14, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- Residents Clean Up After Storm, Thankful It Wasn't Worse
Spout Spring, VA - Despite the widespread damage, residents were in good spirits Friday, thankful for cooler temperatures, the cleanup and that it wasn't any worse.
June 14, 2013 - ABC 13 Lynchburg
- Water spout, flooding reported
Officials have confirmed a water spout damaged the roof of a building on McComas Street in Baltimore Monday afternoon.
June 10, 2013 - ABC 2 Baltimore
- Iain Dowie in Sportinglife.com
Dowie added: "Nobody can take away what I did here and I'll let other people spout off in the media. I never see Simon Jordan's name in the paper unless he is battering someone. I think when people look back in 10 years' time they'll see that I did...
- George Saunders in Newsday
I used to sit at the end of the table farthest from Hayden, because he was so terrifyingly brilliant,Saunders said. "You'd spout off about Ezra Pound and then he'd say, 'Now, what I remember about Ezra was. ......' I don't think I said a...
- Leonardo DiCaprio in Scottish Daily Record
Leo said: "Mark Ruffalo and I had to spout out three pages of dialogue. We had to talk through the wind machines, the rain machines, and rats being thrown at us. But, just like the character, we had to persevere in finding out what was really going...