- a recurring in scattered and irregular or unpredictable instances
a city subjected to sporadic bombing raids
- Even after cease fire was called by the United Nations, there was sporadic firing at the borders of the warring states.
- There are 52,019 sporadic Republicans 7,256 (14%) have voted early.
- We pay sporadic attention, turning on the spotlight when an international conference occurs, then turning it off.
News & Articles
- Legion Baseball: Lena tops Orangeville 12-2 in 6 innings
LENA — The Lena Legion baseball team’s offense was sporadic throughout the game. But it was still effective nonetheless. Legion Post 577 poured on double-digit runs to defeat Orangeville in six innings, 12-2.
June 14, 2013 - The Journal-Standard
- W. Pa. reporting minor storm-related problems
Utility companies have been reporting widespread minor power outages and emergency crews were responding to sporadic reports of downed trees after a major storm system moved through western Pennsylvania overnight and headed east.
June 13, 2013 - The Tribune-Democrat
- McNaughton Bridge to Slow for Inspection
PEKIN - Expect sporadic lane closures on IL Rt. 9 in Pekin next week.
June 12, 2013 - WMBD - FOX 43 Peoria
- Matt Burke in Sydney Morning Herald
There was a clear acceleration with Macquarie Links and Sanctuary Lakes [at Point Cook, Melbourne] but it has turned out to be more like a flickering flame than a bushfire. There is certainly plenty happening, but it's sporadic,Burke says.
- Muqtada al-Sadr in The Australian
The situation is quieter. We are hearing sporadic gunfire and US combat planes have been flying overhead but the Iraqi military is not in the streets like past days,Sadr City resident Raad al-Humairi said. "Some shops have opened. People...
- Mike Nolan in Forbes
We've just been very sporadic and inconsistent the last few games, but before that we had a few games ...... three games in a row, where we saw what it was supposed to look like,San Francisco coach Mike Nolan said.