- s showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite
a despiteful fiend
a truly spiteful child
- As a vehicle choice, the H2 was a spiteful reactionary riposte to notions that, you know, maybe we all shouldn't be driving tanks that get 10 miles per gallon.
- Senior officials renowned for optimism on the bleakest of days are spiteful in private and pessimistic in public.
- IT is a low-key intuition, not spiteful or malicious, but pervasive: in the minds of most Americans the incoming Nixon Administration seems to represent the comeback of the Wasp .
- Jim McCrery in San Diego Union Tribune
It punishes the oil and gas industry. This is wrongheaded. It will result in higher prices at the gasoline pump. It's spiteful and wrong,said Rep. Jim McCrery, R-La.
- Lothar Matthaus in New York Daily News
I'm genuinely upset for Michael Ballack, but I have to say his absence has helped Germany,Matthaus was quoted as saying by FIFA.com. "I don't mean that in a spiteful way, but Ballack was arguably holding up a number of players who've now...
- Martin McGuinness in FOXNews
McGuinness said the attack was "particularly selfish and spiteful, and carried out by people who represent no one."