- n the state of being a spinster (usually an elderly unmarried woman)
- My mother married at 28, and in the 1970s that meant she had brushed up against spinsterhood.
- I'll stipulate that in Austen's time spinsterhood was a fate to be strenuously avoided.
- In the 45 years of her spinsterhoodshe was plain, plump, not much concerned with "Society"she dedicated herself to good works while her brothers and sister went out in .
News & Articles
- It's Funny Because She'll Die Unmarried
Don't look now, but the Leafs are leading the Atlantic after last night's 4-0 win in Edmonton. But as last year showed, the heartbreak of dangled hope is more acute than plain old futility. Enjoy spinsterhood, lady. Read more...
Oct. 30, 2013 - Deadspin