- The greatness of few major cultural figures of our century rests on such a spindly foundation.
- Out of the rubble rise giant alien ships that walk on three spindly legs and whose deadly heat rays not only destroy civilization as we know it but also threaten to split up Tom .
- George Bush's critics think of his reading list as a spindly thing--the Bible, the box scores and The Very Hungry Caterpillar, his favorite choice to read to school kids.
News & Articles
- 101 Ideas: Talk about gall!
Abnormal growths that appear on the surface of leaves (or stems) are usually a sign that an insect is at work. There are hundreds of gall types, caused by mites, midges, tiny wasps, aphid-like insects and thrips and they vary in shape -- from red and spindly to round and green to large and woody -- depending on the type of insect and the plant affected.
June 10, 2013 - Greece Post
- Icky or delicious? Md.'s complicated relationship with soft-shell crabs
There's no denying that soft-shell crabs are a little weird. They're slimy and slippery when raw. Cooked in a sandwich, their spindly legs and grabby claws poke out from the slices of bread and make some people wonder, "Do you seriously think I'm going to eat that?"
June 5, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Basil — a sure sign of summer
By Laramie Treviño, San Francisco Chronicle Some are bug magnets, others give off a scent of cinnamon or chopped lime. There are head-turners with plumage of royal burgundy; a few are spindly and others grow into lush thickets. They’re all basil, summer’s signature herb, and [...]
June 5, 2013 - Lake Tahoe News
- Steve Kragthorpe in Louisville Courier-Journal
We call him the giraffe,coach Steve Kragthorpe said. "I guess to put it in Kentucky terms, he's like a colt. He's got those long spindly legs, and he's going to be a thoroughbred one day. He's a lot of fun to watch out there."
- Michael Wilson in Advertiser Adelaide
Westy's a great story and another great find for us,Wilson said. "He is a 20-year-old who is probably on his last chance to get on to an AFL list and he's just been fantastic for us. He's a tall (199cm), spindly bloke who is very elusive...
- Piers Sellers in USA Today
You'll be at the end of a long, spindly fishing rod about this wide,says astronaut Piers Sellers, holding his hands in a circle as big as a saucer, "and standing on a little rickety-looking footplate. ...... It'll be significantly...