- n anesthesia of the lower half of the body; caused by injury to the spinal cord or by injecting an anesthetic beneath the arachnoid membrane that surrounds the spinal cord
- a of or relating to the spine or spinal cord
- In the past, spinal-injury victims lost more than mobility--they lost hope too.
- While assisting in a spinal operation in the 1970s, Upledger was startled to notice a strong pulse in the membranes that surrounded the patient's spinal cord.
- Unlike nerves in, say, the skin, spinal nerves don't regenerate.
News & Articles
- Project Walk Announces The Opening of a Spinal Cord Injury Recovery Center in Las Vegas
Project Walk is proud to announce that it will be opening a new spinal cord injury recovery location in Las Vegas, NV. Project Walk has more than 14 years of experience and research to support its activity-based recovery programs for individuals who have a spinal cord injury. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10832923.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Testing method promising for spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis
( Purdue University ) A medical test previously developed to measure a toxin found in tobacco smokers has been adapted to measure the same toxin in people suffering from spinal cord injuries and multiple sclerosis, offering a potential tool to reduce symptoms.
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Pioneer Surgical launches new spinal fixation system
Spinal surgeons could soon benefit from a new system created by Pioneer Surgical making back surgery less traumatic
June 12, 2013 - WLUC Marquette
- Barack Obama in KHON2
To regenerate a severed spinal cord and lift someone from a wheelchair. to spur insulin production and spare a child from a lifetime of needles,said President Obama.
- Bob Crow in icBerkshire
General secretary Bob Crow said: "GNER's collapse under Sea Containers jeopardised jobs and services on one of our key spinal railways, but the Government is refusing to learn the lesson that franchising won't deliver the railway we need. The...
- Miguel Nicolelis in Reuters
We see an almost immediate and dramatic change in the animal's ability to function when the device stimulates the spinal cord,said Dr. Miguel Nicolelis of Duke University in North Carolina, whose study appears in the journal Science.