- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for persons of Latin American descent
- s completely neat and clean
a spick-and-span kitchen
- In England, Cyrus McCormick exhibited a rusty shipwrecked harvester in competition with spick--span machines, won the contest, increased his sales.
- At Varese, Italian air port, famed airman Major di Bernardi taxied out on the flying field in a huge, spick-and-span, new plane.
- Particularly is Her Majesty known to approve of a certain super-spick-and-span nursing home in Berkshire.
- Lenny Bruce in CounterPunch
In a Los Angeles Times op-ed, civil rights attorney Constance Rice sounding somewhat like Lenny Bruce, wrote, "But rest assured, the Imus crew has plenty of kike, wetback, mick, spick, dago, Jap, Chink, redneck and unprintable Catholic priest jokes...
- Stephen Hendry in guardian.co.uk
It's a shame that Ding's not going to be in Sheffield, but he lost to someone nobody's heard of [Mansfield's Lee Spick] in qualifying,said Hendry. "It shows how you can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't turn up and play on...
- Will Knightley in San Francisco Chronicle
I'm actually spick and span today because a stylist dressed me,Knightley says, swigging from a bottle of carbonated water. "I look quite put together, which is very unlike me. Normally I'd have my favorite very ripped jeans that my mom...