- n a ring of muscle that contracts to close an opening
- But many years ago Ramon decided he could no longer bear the life of a tuned mind atop an insensate body, dependent from teeth to toenails and each pore and sphincter in between.
- Also, because the walnut-size prostate surrounds the urethra--the tube through which urine passes from the bladder--some of the sphincter muscle that controls the flow of urine may .
- It works by strengthening the urethral sphincter's contractions.
News & Articles
- GerdNerd! 5 Acid Reflux Myths
BACKGROUND: One in ten Americans experiences heartburn symptoms at least once a week. Heartburn is a painful burning feeling in the chest or throat. It happens when stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a digestive disorder that affects the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach. Many people ...
June 11, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Justin Hawkins in Xfm Online
I had a hiatus hernia and acid reflux,Hawkins told The Sun, "Basically, there's a sphincter inside your throat, as well as up your bottom. It's supposed to control how much acid is let up into your throat. But mine was broken so my stomach...
- Stephen Colbert in Washington Post
When he was done, "you could hear a pin drop," Colbert writes. "Or a sphincter clamp."