- n someone who leads or initiates an activity (attack or campaign etc.)
- n the leading military unit in an attack
- n the head and sharpened point of a spear
- v be the leader of
She spearheaded the effort to find a cure for the disease
- They first tried to use armored personnel carriers to spearhead their attack, but the long straight streets of the old quarter enabled Communist gunners to knock them out from half .
- The 25 Republican Governors (now 26) were to be the spearhead of the movement, and Rockefeller soon settled on Romney as its beneficiary.
- Indian jet fighters streaked from the sky to smash the armored spearhead.
News & Articles
- Michael Franti and Spearhead Announce All People Tour
Michael Franti and his band Spearhead have announced a North American fall tour dubbed the 'All People Tour,' which follows-up this summer's run of live dates
June 16, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Tiny Brains Captures Casual and Core Audiences
We had a chance to take a close look at Spearhead Games’ Tiny Brains (PC, PSN, PS4) at E3 2013. It’s a physics-based co-operative action puzzler that feels like the evolution of the party game genre. Games like Mario Party provide the charm and the mini-games, but Tiny Brains somehow manages to provide an enjoyable experience for a wide variety of demographics.
June 16, 2013 - Forbes
- Michael Franti & Spearhead Confirm Fall Tour Dates
Michael Franti & Spearhead have announced the dates for the first leg of their All People’s Tour. The group will get started on September 4 in Milwaukee, WI after wrapping up their summer tour.
June 13, 2013 - Jambands.com
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
The Centre of Research Excellence will be able to spearhead important research in this area and will contribute to the development of treatment options for asbestos-related diseases,Mr Rudd said.
- Marin Cilic in Lanka Times
It's going to be a clash of two great nations,said Croatia's Marin Cilic. "There's going to be a lot of tension in the air but hopefully everything is going to go all right.Cilic will spearhead the Croatian charge alongside 31-year-old...
- Matthew Maynard in BBC News
Glamorgan director of cricket Matthew Maynard said: "Jason is a proven performer at international level and he is just the sort of experienced bowler we were looking for to spearhead our attack."