- n someone who expresses in language; someone who talks (especially someone who delivers a public speech or someone especially garrulous)
the speaker at commencement
- n electro-acoustic transducer that converts electrical signals into sounds loud enough to be heard at a distance
- n the presiding officer of a deliberative assembly
- There are more speakers than ever, and they all need to be wired up.
- The summit featured dozens of distinguished speakers.
- Because it takes up to eight speakers sold separately I wired two of them in the wrong place and got a little frustrated.
News & Articles
- Speaker Silver says Assembly members support him
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver says his Democratic colleagues support his leadership and feel the news media have been "rather unfair" in the reporting on his role in a once secret settlement of sexual harassment claims...
June 11, 2013 - FOX 5 New York
- House Speaker John Boehner: NSA Leaker a 'Traitor'
House Speaker John Boehner today called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a “traitor” who put Americans at risk by releasing classified information to the media. “He’s a traitor,” the highest ranking Republican in the House of Representatives said in an extensive interview with ABC News’ George...
June 11, 2013 - ABC News Blogs via Yahoo! News
- Speaker Warns Against Shutdown Threat
Speaker John A. Boehner is challenging the White House to take the possibility of a government shutdown off the table this fall, after the administration issued a broad veto threat earlier this week.
June 10, 2013 - CQ Politics
- John Boehner in Fort Worth Star Telegram
We could have gotten there today had it not been for this partisan speech that the speaker gave on the floor of the House,said House Republican Leader Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio.
- Robert Gates in Reuters India
Many of you have backgrounds in diplomacy or politics,Gates, a former CIA director, told the same Munich conference. "I have, like your second speaker yesterday (Putin), a starkly different background -- a career in the spy business. And,...