- n (during prohibition) an illegal barroom
- San Francisco The decoy sign outside speakeasy-themed Bourbon Branch advertises the ANTI-LEAGUE SALOON, the prohibitionist group founded 113 years before the bar opened.
- Arrested were 80 bootleggers, bartenders, speakeasy proprietors, girl entertainers.
- Pogo and assorted pals find "speakeasy" school sites in a rotten log, under a stone.
- Nick Clegg in Telegraph.co.uk
In America Speakeasy has said that they welcome FON and in Europe, Glocalnet and FON have signed an agreement so Glocalnet sells its services FON ready and the Swedish foneros will soon be able move around Stockholm and other cities with their WiFi... Martin Varsavsky http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Varsavsky&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMcvh7441bIymUg8aezYTDZyVp4w p2pnet.net http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.p2pnet.net/story/7844&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGsq6kQ-7jYZ6fGjW2NK61ohkxHUw Feb 7, 2006
92853 123392 speaker Mr Clegg said that he would also be supporting their stance, adding: Convention is that political leaders, party leaders, do not talk about the Speaker. My view is that it is exactly that culture of unwritten conventions, unspoken rules and nods...