- v place (seeds) in or on the ground for future growth
- v introduce into an environment
- v place seeds in or on (the ground)
- s sprinkled with seed
- He has sown discord in Darfur with a classic divide-and-conquer strategy.
- Plowed fields stand ready to be sown with maize.
- Some 400 maquiladoras, or assembly plants, have all but eliminated unemployment in Jurez and have sown the seeds of a stable middle class, "not Mexicans with sombreros," says .
News & Articles
- Rains confined to the southern-most Corn Belt
Across the Corn Belt, significant precipitation is confined to the Ohio Valley, although isolated showers dot areas west of the Mississippi River. By June 16, more than one-fifth of the soybeans had not yet been sown in Missouri (70% planted), Wisconsin (72%), and Iowa (77%). More than one-fifth of the soybeans had not yet been sown in Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa. read more
June 18, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Monsoon Rains Cover India Early, Boost Crop Hopes
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's monsoon rains have covered the entire country a month ahead of the normal schedule, increasing the prospects for a bumper output for summer-sown crops such as rice, oilseeds and cotton in one of the world's leading producers. The rains usually cover all of India by mid-July, but this year it happened on June 16, said a senior official at the India Meteorological ...
June 17, 2013 - Scientific American
- Monsoon covers India by mid-June, earliest ever
By Rajendra Jadhav and Ratnajyoti Dutta MUMBAI/NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Monsoon rains have covered the entire country a month ahead of schedule, brightening the prospects for a bumper output of summer-sown ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Osama bin Laden in Times Online
He has followed the steps of his predecessor in antagonising Muslims . . . and laying the foundations for long wars,bin Laden said. "Obama and his Administration have sown new seeds of hatred against America. Let the American people...
- James Madison in Washington Post
The threats are desires for untrammeled power, desires which, Madison said, are "sown in the nature of man."
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero in Wall Street Journal
Today, ETA has killed once again and has sown pain and horror in a corner of Spain,said Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. "It has done it in its customary manner, regardless of the consequences and seeking the most damage...