- n a large collection of African townships to the southwest of Johannesburg in South Africa; inhabited solely by Black Africans
News & Articles
- Musical ‘AFRICA UMOJA’ Celebrates First US Performance with Star-Studded Red Carpet Gala at Pantages Theater in ...
*(Los Angeles, CA) — The award–winning South African musical show ‘AFRICA UMOJA – The Spirit of Togetherness’ is hosting a red-carpet gala for its exclusive 2-night performance only at Pantages Theater in Hollywood, California on Saturday, June 22, 2013. Traveling on the beats of drums, from the dusty streets of Soweto to all the corners [...]
June 17, 2013 - EURweb
- Nelson Mandela seeing sustained improvement in health
Father Sebastian Rousso carries a Nelson Mandela book as he enters Ragina Mundi church in the Soweto Township for Sunday Service on June 16, 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
June 16, 2013 - The Kentucky Post
- South Africans fret about post-Mandela civil strife
The priest of a Soweto church that became a focal point in the struggle against apartheid has called on President Jacob Zuma's government to vow to uphold Nelson Mandela's vision of tolerance amid fears of social unrest in the event of the icon's death.
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Nelson Mandela in International Herald Tribune
It is the heritage not only of one family, but that of all the people of Soweto and of our nation who refused to bow down to tyranny or succumb to bitterness,Mandela said in a message read out by his daughter Zinzi at the official reopening...
- Afeni Shakur in Malaysia Star
I feel blessed to be able to visit South Africa, especially Soweto,Afeni said. "Events that happened there are so much a part of our history and it will be an honour for my son to rest in this special place. The birthplace of the South...