- s coming from the southwest
the winds are southwesterly
- s situated in or oriented toward the southwest
- Fortunately, the Venoil's oil compartments were not punctured; a strong southwesterly wind, moreover, prevented the oil from drifting toward South Africa's coastal holiday .
- Plowing the waves like a torpedo, he swam eleven miles in five hours, was four miles off the Dover breakwater in nine hours, met a strong southwesterly tide and was three hours .
- Shirley May France's clothes still hung on the hickory limb but she clung anxiously to a French beach, waiting for southwesterly winds to die down.
News & Articles
- More showers and thunderstorms on the way today
After a rough day on Thursday and overnight with numerous strong thunderstorms that moved through the area, more storms are on the way today. A strong area of low pressure continues to reside west of Montana bringing a moist and unstable southwesterly flow aloft to the state.
June 13, 2013 - KRTV Great Falls
- ANN's Daily Aero-Term (06.13.13): Directional Shear
The component of wind shear which is due to a change in wind direction with height, e.g., southeasterly winds at the surface and southwesterly winds aloft.
June 13, 2013 - The Aero-News Network
- Bhanu in Times of India
The onset of monsoon means that the northeasterly winds have replaced the southwesterly winds which bring in hot weather,Prof Bhanu Kumar said.