- n a leaven of dough in which fermentation is active; used by pioneers for making bread
- n a settler or prospector (especially in western United States or northwest Canada and Alaska)
- After the cable car and the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco takes a particular civic pride in its unique sourdough bread.
- I've been making sourdough starter for years, and I'll give them my recipe free.
- To the lucky sourdough or trapper who guessed the day, hour and nearest minute the ice went out would go a record $108,000.
News & Articles
5 and Diner 3641 S. Memorial Dr., 918-828-3467 Go back to the time of Elvis and poodle skirts! 5 and Diner will give you the 50s experience, not only with the décor, but also with the classic diner food! They have Sourdough French Toast and Blueberry Hill Pancakes. The Chicken Fri...
June 12, 2013 - Urban Tulsa
- Taste of Thomasville: Food tour peppered with bites of history samples local eateries
By Elizabeth M. Mack | Democrat staff writer @emack1 on Twitter -- Creamy shrimp and grits, sourdough crust pizza, fresh roasted coffee, crisp fried green tomatoes, cupcakes and locally-made cheese - does that have your taste buds tingling?
June 9, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat