- n a technician in charge of amplifying sound or producing sound effects (as for a TV or radio broadcast)
- Today no musical would open without a soundman ringing the decibels.
- Higbee's soundman lost the torpedo whine, but his probing sonar picked up a new contact: the metallic hull of a submerged vessel.
- As I plug in my tape recorder, there are pleasantries exchanged with a Chinese colleague, the soundman for an overseas TV crew; he agrees to watch my machine while I go off to one .
News & Articles
- 'Berberian Sound Studio': Audience joins in protagonist's unraveling
We don't learn exactly how a fussy English bachelor gets a job as a soundman on an Italian horror movie in Rome. That's his...
July 5, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Count Collins among the hardest working folks at Summerfest
Who are the hardest working folks at Summerfest? Someone in the ticket booth or one of those folks slinging beer for 12 hours a day, or maybe a soundman at a stage, you say? You're right, they're all kickin' it hard for 11 days. But don't forget 19-year-old singer and songwriter Nora Collins, who has - count `em - 10 performance slots at the Big Gig this year.
July 2, 2013 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Jimmy Page in Blabbermouth.net
The only guy who sounded OK in there was Elton John,explained Page. "So I may talk to his soundman."
- Daniel Lanois in Sydney Morning Herald
I have a very real, normal, down to earth existence when I'm not touring. And even [tour life] can be real. I have an amazing team that tour with me from the band to the soundman to the crew to lighting guy John Pollock. They're all really... Ray LaMontagne http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_LaMontagne&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEVxq5tSdtHboA8Qtz2AkGq7EAOUw JamBase http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx%3FstoryID%3D15370&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGJ6AjouURW_PXDYBW55FW40Kfa9A Oct 16, 2008
92539 122900 soundman Dylan's praise is tempered by his description of a sometimes difficult working relationship, with Lanois described as nagging at me, just about every other day" but also "more than a soundman. He was like a doctor with scientific...