- s destructive to the spirit or soul
- It's as if life in Romania is so soul-destroying that Gabi doesn't want to bring another soul into it.
- The increasing vogue of higher degrees, obtained by soul-destroying research, blunts and narrows the teacher and keeps red-blooded young men away from the teacher-business.
- Out of the French army's soul-destroying trial by fire in Algeria there has so far emerged one superlatively good combat commander, a 42-year-old ex-bank clerk from Toul named .
- John Terry in Sportinglife.com
Terry said: "This time last season Arsenal were eight points ahead of us. We were winning every week but so were they and, in the end, it became soul-destroying because we just could not close the gap. They slowly killed us off but this time it is...