- n a female singer
- n the highest female voice; the voice of a boy before puberty
- n the pitch range of the highest female voice
- s having or denoting a high range
- Then along comes Russian soprano Anna Netrebkoknockout good looks, bewitching charm and a mesmerizing hold on the media, which tirelessly chronicle her penchant for partying and .
- Fed up with her temperamental shenanigans, the Metropolitan Opera fires soprano Kathleen Battle.
- When Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart made his first visit to Italy, at 14, he heard a soprano called La Bastardella sing an "unbelievable" C in altissimo, an octave above the C in alt.
News & Articles
- Tony Soprano more than a memorable TV character
James Gandolfini's portrayal of Tony Soprano represented more than just a memorable TV character. He changed the medium, making fellow antiheroes like Walter White and Dexter Morgan possible and shifting ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Watch: Feed Frenzy: Goodbye, Tony Soprano
Soprano-inspired memorials honoring James Gandolfini cropped up after the actor's death.
June 21, 2013 - ABC News
- Tony Soprano more than a memorable TV character, paving way for other antiheroes
NEW YORK — James Gandolfini's portrayal of Tony Soprano represented more than just a memorable TV character. He changed the medium, making fellow antiheroes like Walter White and Dexter Morgan possible and shifting the balance in quality drama away from broadcast television.
June 21, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- David Chase in Philadelphia Inquirer
Fans "gleefully watched [Tony Soprano] rob, kill, pillage, lie and cheat. And then, all of a sudden, they want to see him punished for all that," Chase says. "The pathetic thing - to me - was how much they wanted his blood, after cheering him...
- LeBron James in Boston Globe (registration)
I think I'll be more focused on Tony Parker even though I am a fan of Tony Soprano,James said, noting that his girlfriend was recording tonight's series finale of "The Sopranos."
- John Kerry in guardian.co.uk
Being lectured by the president on fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order in this country,Mr Kerry responded, referring to the TV mafia boss. "This president has taken a $5.6 trillion...