sophist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of a group of Greek philosophers and teachers in the 5th century BC who speculated on a wide range of subjects
- n someone whose reasoning is subtle and often specious
- He sees him as a sophist who robbed love of the more highly charged and riskier mysticism of earlier, passionate orthodox kissers.
- Donald Rumsfeld, a sophist, acted on his aphorism, he killed 1 million Iraqis, drove 4 million into exile, who lost their homes and jobs and businesses and wealth, many of them, he .
- I am not a sophist.
News & Articles
- UN chief says attacks on UN 'more brazen'
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned on Monday's 10th anniversary of the terrorist bombing of U.N. headquarters in Baghdad that attackers targeting the United Nations have become "more sophist…
Aug. 19, 2013 - Forest City Summit