- n a verse form consisting of 14 lines with a fixed rhyme scheme
- v praise in a sonnet
- v compose a sonnet
- As his post requires, Poet Laureate John Masefield, onetime Manhattan saloon porter, last week cracked out with a Silver Jubilee sonnet.
- Composing a sonnet?) Von Ahn is confident that the good guys are still ahead for now, but the point at which software can reliably read CAPTCHAS is probably as few as three to five .
- Darkness Visible? A new book purports to reveal the long-hidden identity of the Dark Lady of Shakespeare's sonnets DEPARTMENTS To Our Readers World Watch.
News & Articles
- Name the Game, No. 78
During May 1984, Pocono Central Catholic's Andrew Sonnet paused for a celebratory moment with a fellow player during a high school baseball game at the Tim O'Boyle Memorial Field in Paradise Valley. He would graduate just a few weeks later.
June 10, 2013 - Pocono Record
- HL Mencken in Financial Express
* HL Mencken described it as "The only American invention as perfect as a sonnet."
- William Wordsworth in New York Times
Wordsworth complained in 1844 in his "Sonnet on the Projected Kendal and Windermere Railway."
- WS Merwin in New York Times
In the time when the conventions were much more obvious and abstract - the sonnet or the heroic couplet - it was pretty clear when something was complete,Merwin said. "But it's not so clear now. I don't have any kind of religious...