- n a woman songster (especially of popular songs)
- South Korea's star-making machinery that, by cranking out high-gloss acts such as god and femme songstress BoA, has become a regional music-marketing powerhouse rivaling Japan's .
- His factory regularly churns out pert wonderkids, including sugary songstress Namie Amuro, techno-rappers TRF and glitzy band globe--bringing the 39-year-old Komuro a reported .
- The People's Choice In the 1980s, Welsh songstress Bonnie Tyler told the world: "I need a hero," and it seems many people agree with her.
- Walter Winchell in Telegraph.co.uk
She appeared in Lew Leslie's show Blackbirds of 1939, a newspaper reporting "Blackbirds has a new dusky find", while Walter Winchell praised a "radiant songstress called Lena Horne".