- n a republic in extreme eastern Africa on the Somali peninsula; subject to tribal warfare
News & Articles
- Kenya, Somalia in dispute over port city; 10 dead in violence; UN Security Council concerned
MOGADISHU, Somalia — The al-Qaida-linked militants in Somalia who once controlled the southern port city of Kismayo are gone, but now a fight for control of the city has broken out.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Kenya, Somalia in Dispute Over Violent Port City
Kenya, Somalia in dispute over port city; 10 dead in violence; UN Security Council concerned
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Kenya, Somalia in dispute over violent port city - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - The al-Qaida-linked militants who once controlled the southern port city of Kismayo are gone, but a fight for control of the city has broken out and at least 10 people have been killed in the recent violence.
June 14, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Sam Johnson in USA Today
We must learn from our mistakes. We cannot leave a job undone like we left in Korea, like we left in Vietnam, like we left in Somalia,Johnson said.
- David Miliband in Economic Times
The Royal Navy is co-ordinating the European response as well as contributing to the international mission there. Obviously, the problem of piracy around Somalia is a grave danger to the stability in the region,said Miliband.
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Rhinelander Daily News
I call upon the Muslim nation in Somalia to remain in the new battlefield that is one of the crusader battlefields that are being launched by America and its allies and the United Nations against Islam and Muslims,al-Zawahri added.