- n a dyspneic condition
- n insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- n convulsive gasp made while weeping
- v weep convulsively
He was sobbing inconsolably
- After poking Communist fun for 18 long years at the "sob stories" and "personality stuff" of Capitalist journalism, Moscow's two great official newsorgans, Pravda.
- But before she could finish, others were pushing her aside to sob out their own litanies of loss.
- They have made insulin into pills; not such pills as are wont to be taken by candlelight with a sob, a gulp of water and a lump of sugar.
News & Articles
- UES Nanny of Socialites Suffered From Encephalitis; Blurring Charges of Abuse
Malu Custer Edwards, Mickey Hurley (Patrick McMullan) The latest case of nanny-abuse, reported in The New York Post today, has some complicating factors that keep it from being the regular sob-story of rich parents gone wrong. Namely that the nanny in question, 50-year-old Chilean native Felicitas del Carmen Villanueva Garnica, has been diagnosed with encephalitis after running away from the ...
June 17, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Joe Costello: Tale of Two Revolutions
Below is a comment from my friend Joe Costello, who has been skeptical of the optimistic claims for shale oil since early on. Joe is the co-author of Of, By, For: The New Politics of Money, Debt & Democracy. -- Chris Someone left a baby in the car park Never any reason Don't you listen, one more sob story Someone is calling Don't you listen, don't interfere Ignore it and it will go away ...
June 17, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Relax: Couple Has Room For Prosciutto Slicer In $5,800/Month Apartment
When looking for a suitable apartment, most New Yorkers are concerned with amenities like "permanent facades" or "sob-resistant drywall." But attorney Jean Poh and her husband Giordano Contestabile needed something special when they moved here from Seattle: counter space for their meat slicer. [ more › ]
June 16, 2013 - Gothamist
- Brock Lesnar in LANewsMonitor.com (blog)
I stand before you a humble champion,an elated Lesnar told the crowd, "and I'm still the toughest SOB around!"
- Tracey Ullman in San Jose Mercury News
To wear cheap clothes, put in some horrible front teeth with a big gap, smoke 10 cigarettes and, like, just sob-that's heaven on a stick for me,Ullman says.
- TR Knight in Metro Canada - Calgary
Once you are given something that you were never allowed before, you realize how much of a second-class person you were before,Knight added. "That is horrible and fantastic at the same time. It makes me want to sob and scream with joy all...