- n a cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats
- n money offered as a bribe
- n street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
- v rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning
- Soap is one of the marks of civilization, but it is still a pretty primitive agent for cleansing the human skin.
- Thousands of housewives bought thousands of packages of Ivory Snow, of Supersuds or of Rinso, last week, with never a thought of who made those incipient soap bubbles, much .
- Sometimes it seems that there is no escape from the world of soap opera.
- Terry Francona in Brockton Enterprise
I remember the soap opera watching him throw in the bullpen and having the doctors and the trainers out there, and he really shouldn't have pitched,said Francona. "And I can't remember one moment ever thinking he wouldn't pitch, and not...
- Tyra Banks in FOXNews
I don't want to sit in front of you and be soap-boxy and fake and say, `I love myself, I'm beautiful, it's great,'says Banks, who is 5 feet 10 inches tall. "I still feel hot, but every day is different. It's when I put on the jeans that...
- Justin Timberlake in Voice of America
They create soap operas out of people's lives......it's a spin game, and I choose not to take part in it,Timberlake said.