- n plant having heads of fragrant white trumpet-shaped flowers; grows in sandy arid regions
- n ball of ice cream covered with coconut and usually chocolate sauce
- n ball of crushed ice with fruit syrup
- n snow pressed into a ball for throwing (playfully)
- v increase or accumulate at a rapidly accelerating rate
- v throw snowballs at
- Skywatchers around the world got a rare chance last week to view such a dirty celestial snowball close up, at least by astronomical standards.
- As mortgage losses continued to mount and the credit-crisis snowball rolled on, private equity, with some SWF support, took on the role of recapitalizing regional banks.
- No one knows which inconspicuous snowball has the capacity to set off an avalanche, which, to the surprise of all observers, will radically change the political situation.
News & Articles
- This Is the End: Apocalypse, Like, Wow
I see a lot of comedies every year. Many aren’t particularly funny. But I’m happy if there is even one that makes me laugh so hard the laughs replicate and snowball until the exact source of the original eruption couldn’t possibly be located. That’s the sweet spot, when you’re laughing because you’re laughing. This Is the End, a meta-Hollywood story that takes place mostly at James Franco’s ...
June 11, 2013 - Time Magazine
- In Rimini, Looking for Fellini’s World
The Piazza Cavour fountain in Rimini, scene of a memorable snowball fight in “Amarcord.”
June 7, 2013 - New York Times