- n a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended
calm as a child in dreamless slumber
- n a dormant or quiescent state
- v be asleep
- Too much slumber can be as bad as too little.
- Airline business-class sections are being transformed from traditional seating areas to upper-crust slumber parties with seats that turn into beds.
- Coed teen slumber parties bring these concerns into sharp focus.
News & Articles
- Leola man gets 12 years probation for video-recording girls at slumber party
A Leola man will serve 12 years on probation for installing hidden cameras last year at a church-group slumber party attended by several girls and young women.Lancaster County President Judge Joseph Madenspacher warned Gregory S. Butler that any violation of probation would involve much harsher cons...
June 14, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Man shot in car in Harrisburg
A man sleeping in a car woke from his slumber early Friday to realize he was being assaulted by someone. The attacker then shot the victim several times. It happened around 1am on the 1900 block of State Street. The …
June 14, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- Rochester Hills woman sexually assaulted after leaving sliding door unlocked
A woman was awoken from her slumber on a couch in her Rochester Hills apartment early Wednesday and sexually assaulted, Oakland County sheriff's officials say.
June 13, 2013 - MLive Detroit
- LK Advani in International Herald Tribune
You have woken from the slumber,BJP leader LK Advani told the lower house.
- Sarah Jessica Parker in Urbana Daily Citizen
Carrie looks at her and says 'Wow, I was that girl. I came to the city looking for love. I believed in all the promise and potential that New York offered,'Parker said. "It's not like a slumber party in sweats, anymore. It's about the...
- Robert Gates in eMilitary.org
On a bright Tuesday morning in September, eight months into President [George W.] Bush's first term, a decade of slumber in a holiday from history came to a crashing halt,Gates said. "This country and this military learned how dangerous...