- n a disinclination to work or exert yourself
- n any of several slow-moving arboreal mammals of South America and Central America; they hang from branches back downward and feed on leaves and fruits
- n apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- Experts warn that excess sleep can lead to depression, sloth and general lethargy.
- My summer break was given to sloth; never saw the sunrise, never left the couch.
- It is said that the common human weaknesses are anger, avarice, envy, gluttony, lust, pride and sloth.
News & Articles
- New Museum of York County exhibit goes back to Ice Ages
A massive Jefferson ground sloth that weighed 500 pounds and stood 6 feet tall is the centerpiece of a Museum of York County exhibit that transports visitors back into the Ice Ages.
June 13, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald
- Minneapolis Ranks 3rd Among Survey Of ‘Sinful’ Cities
Twin Cities? More like Sin Cities. According to a recent ranking of the most sinful cities according to the seven deadly sins -- those being wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony -- Minneapolis ranked third among the country's most sinful hotspots.
June 13, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Milwaukee is the 5th most sinful city in America, says Movoto
The folks over at Movoto have come out with another list, this one ranking the cities of the nation based on their "sinfulness" relative to the Seven Deadly Sins (lust, pride, wrath, envy, greed, gluttony and sloth). Apparently by these standards, Milwaukee comes in No. 5.
June 13, 2013 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Manmohan Singh in Oneindia
Further emphasising that there are new challenges ahead, Dr Singh said, "The rising expectations of the people make them impatient with the speed at which we can deliver results. People today resent apathy, sloth, and corruption in any form and at...
- Winston Peters in The Press
Unfortunately, radical changes in America's food supply have generated a constant battle between the hormones generated by the food we eat and our genes. Obesity is not a consequence of sloth and gluttony, but rather an adverse interaction of our... Barry Sears http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Sears&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF09va0ZHSX1JscGf2p_tib1aHO_Q PR Web (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prweb.com/releases/lose-weight/diet/prweb1107464.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGV85OgPzlUD6v80CJ1fDx48vJMLQ Jul 16, 2008
91250 121298 sloth Asked for his reaction to that yesterday, Peters said: Here is my reaction. I challenged the editor and the writer of this scandalous piece of journalism, indolence and sloth to check our books and then apologise and then resign and they haven't...