- n a person who uses a sling to throw something
- In a fair fight, Keri Russell's sassy pie slinger would beat Kirsten Dunst's helpless MaryJane from Spider-Man any day.
- This was classic, postpresidential Clinton, able to riff on his well-earned reputation as a mythic slinger of bullpucky.
- Lee Mortimer, 56, New York Mirror columnist who for years as second-slinger to Walter Winchell covered Manhattan like it was something under a rock, then broke into the nonbook .
News & Articles
- Why the New England Patriots Are a Better Football Team with Tim Tebow
The New England Patriots made a shrewd move by signing Tim Tebow . They didn't sign him for the novelty of it. They signed him because he makes them a better team. Not only do the Patriots have a fresh infusion of versatility at their disposal with Tebow, but they have a golden opportunity to develop a 25-year-old backup slinger who's healthy, talented, driven, dynamic, hardworking and coachable ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- The Wall Street Journal Premieres The Rides New Video
LOS ANGELES, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rides, the new all-star blues-rock group featuring legendary songwriter Stephen Stills, guitar slinger Kenny Wayne Shepherd and venerable Electric Flag keyboardist ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Marv Levy in 940 News
He was the prototypical gun-slinger type,said Marv Levy, Pro Football Hall of Fame coach. "He's the type of guy where, 'Oh, what's he throwing into that crowd for?' But he had intuition, toughness, resilience."
- Ron Zook in nwitimes.com
They have a quarterback that I've had many scouts tell me may be the best in the Midwest; he is a thrower, a winger, a slinger and he can run the ball,Zook said. "He's a tough guy that will block on reverses. He's got people hanging all...
- Jeff Niemann in Colorado Rockies News
He's more of a slinger,said Niemann, who takes full advantage of his height. "I come over the top."