slim : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take off weight
- s being of delicate or slender build
a slim girl with straight blonde hair
- s small in quantity
a slim chance of winning
- Americans want to slim down--or at least that's what they say until they get a craving for a cheeseburger and trundle off to the drive-through.
- But even as the public seized on the slim hope that there really might be a free lunch, the experts have also begun questioning the received wisdom that fat is wholly anathema to .
- A reader and loner and devotee of birds, and indeed all nature, the slim, shy girl of plain face and dark curly hair continued writing throughout adolescence, chose an English .
- Andre Agassi in The Inquisitr
Slim dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table. He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some. I ease back on the couch and consider the Rubicon I've just crossedAgassi writes. "There is a moment of regret, followed by vast...
- Surayud Chulanont in Washington Post
From the evidence we have gathered, there is a slim chance that it is related to the southern insurgency. It is likely related to people who lost their political benefits,Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont told a press conference, referring to...
- Matt Lauer in WISC
The UK's attempt to reconstitute a consensus had only a slim prospect of success, made slimmer by the recognition by everyone else following events closely that the US was not proactively supportive of the UK's efforts and seemed to be preparing... Jeremy Greenstock http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Greenstock&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHe8eiuCMVe6BBXAiE1_SpWXDRdWw AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jV7lcan8WaXEsm5MQSSvaJQYttBg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHRLwUOxvLTKNGFiE9ZrmTJLY7vzg Nov 27, 2009
91104 121185 slime The president's father called you, I think you probably heard this, a slime ball," Lauer told Moore.