- s being of delicate or slender build
she was slender as a willow shoot is slender"- Frank Norris
- s very narrow
- s having little width in proportion to the length or height
a slender pole
- s small in quantity
- s moving and bending with ease
- In 1996 a young Dominican-American writer named Junot Daz published a slender book of short stories called Drown.
- After 11 years wandering in the wilderness, following the publication of his slender, cruelly promising story collection Drown, Daz hauls off with massive, heaving, sparking .
- More masculine than the slender, elongated Signature, Ascent is a fit for men who collect cars and wear watches by Breitling or Jaeger-LeCoultre.
News & Articles
- Sea Serpent Makes Rare Appearance
A long and slender creature known as an oarfish dances for the camera in rare appearence.
June 13, 2013 - ABC News
- Gaerne Vega shoes review
The Vega is noticeably slender in appearance, and the fit is fairly narrow too, although there’s a reasonable amount of room in the toe box. The upper is the usual mix of synthetic leather and mesh, although the broad tongue means a lot of the mesh is effectively a double layer, so they’re not too draughty. There’s no shortage of protection from rocks, with armoured sections around the toe and ...
June 13, 2013 - BikeRadar
- Sony Mobile event invites tease sizable surprise, could mean Xperia Z Ultra
Several French sites report receiving invites (shown above) to a Sony Mobile press event promising a surprise of size while showing off a device's slender side profile and a stylus. The reference could be a teaser for the rumored Xperia Z Ultra, believed to be a Sony competitor to the Galaxy Notes of the world featuring a 6.44-inch 1080p display and possibly a Snapdragon 800 CPU inside. The ...
June 13, 2013 - Engadget
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Reuters UK
If you lose games in March and April it can cost you,said Ferguson, who this week described title run-ins as agony. "Fortunately we have a slender lead at the moment but not a lot and I'm hoping we come back from the internationals back to...
- Peter Andre in Mirror.co.uk
The model, who is running the race for the charity Vision with husband Peter Andre, running for the NSPCC, said: "It's vile. I'm small anyway but I like slender legs. I don't like real muscle in a girl. My jeans don't fit. I feel like the Incredible...
- Barack Obama in Reuters
Let's not ...... pretend that we don't know what's going on. I mean this is, from their perspective, their last slender hope to make arguments about how they can win, and I understand that,Obama said.