- v cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- v beat severely with a whip or rod
- v cut open
- v cut drastically
- v move or stir about violently
- s as if striking with slashing blows
his slashing demon-ridden cadenza
- While other designers were cutting and draping their silhouettes, Kawakubo was slashing and shredding and twisting and sculpting hers.
- By slashing markup to the bone, clothing is sold the way supermarkets sell groceries.
- Even Lucie had heard tales of Japan's fiscal woes the depressed real estate market, the companies slashing expense accounts but the city she saw was an entirely different .
News & Articles
- Police investigating several tire slashing incidents in South Lebanon Township
South Lebanon Township Police are investigating several incidents of tire slashing. A Reinholds woman reported that her tires had been slashed while her car was parked in the Cedar Haven Parking Lot between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on Thursday. Three vehicles, owned by one man, reportedly each had one tire slashed. The vehicles were parked in the South Lebanon Township Municipal Lot on Folmer ...
June 13, 2013 - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg
- IBM slashing jobs across the board
IBM is now slashing jobs, but the company has provided no official word yet on how many employees in Austin could lose their jobs.
June 12, 2013 - KXAN 36 Austin
- Man jailed after slashing Clinton man’s throat
Man jailed after slashing Clinton man’s throat bybob Mims The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 10, 2013 12:54PM MDT A man was arrested and booked into Davis County Jail Monday after he allegedly slashed the throat of another man during an early morning altercation in Clinton. About 7 a.m., Clinton police officers responded to a 911 call reporting that there had been fight that ended with an ...
June 10, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- David Mills in Business Green
The US could nearly eliminate our dependence on coal, oil and gas for electricity and transportation, drastically slashing global warming pollution without increasing costs for energy,said David Mills, chief scientific officer and founder at...
- Harry Reid in PR Web (press release)
Senate leader Harry Reid reacted to the cut in funding immediately saying; "Never has it been clearer how detached President Bush is from the priorities of the American people," Reid said in a statement. "By slashing a bipartisan bill to...
- Qaiser Abbas in 940 News
The procession is not something that could be curbed through fear of death,said Qaiser Abbas Zaidi, a retired civil servant in Rawalpindi. "People are slashing their heads with knifes and beating their chests in mourning. It means they are...