- v cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- v beat severely with a whip or rod
- v cut open
she slashed her wrists
- v cut drastically
Prices were slashed
- v move or stir about violently
- s patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes
brown iris...slashed with yellow"- Willa Cather
- s having long and narrow ornamental cuts showing an underlying fabric
a slashed doublet
slashed cuffs showing the scarlet lining
- s (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply
the slashed prices attracted buyers
- Between August 7 and November 10 of that year, five women were killed in the Whitechapel district of Londons East End, their throats slashed and their bodies mutilated in a way .
- He has slashed some top managers' bloated salaries, preferring performance pay.
- When Ronald Reagan slashed taxes on capital gains and high earners in the early 1980s, inflation was pushing the middle class into top tax brackets, financial markets had been .
News & Articles
- Gardiner man slashed, choked girlfriend, New Paltz police say
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. – A 35-year-old Gardiner man is facing felony and misdemeanor assault charges after New Paltz police said he slashed his girlfriend with a knife and choked her.
June 26, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Man slashed on West 37th St. Monday morning
An intoxicated man slashed a 48-year-old Bronx man across the face with a knife in the busy Garment District around 10:30 a.m. Monday morning, sending the victim to Bellevue hospital, police said.
June 24, 2013 - amNewYork
- Car tires slashed and graffiti sprayed in East Jerusalem 'hate crimes'
BEIT HANINA, Israel, June 24 (UPI) -- About 21 vehicles had tires slashed and graffiti was sprayed on walls Monday in what police described as racially motivated hate crimes in East Jerusalem.
June 24, 2013 - UPI
- JP Morgan in The Canberra Times
The Reserve Bank may deliver yet another out-sized reduction in the cash rate, having already slashed it by a mammoth 400-basis point since early September,JP Morgan said. "We favour a 50-basis point rate cut, but without our usual level...
- Joe Biden in Washington Times
This report should be a wake-up call to the Bush administration ......,Mr. Biden said. "It's no coincidence that it's happened during the same time period which the administration has all but eliminated the COPS program, slashed state and...
- Harrison Ford in Voice of America
When forests get slashed and burned, it releases tons of carbon into the air we breathe,said Harrison Ford. "It changes our climate. It hurts."