- n people who have been slain (as in battle)
- v kill intentionally and with premeditation
- s killed; `slain' is formal or literary as in "slain warriors"
a picture of St. George and the slain dragon
- The FSLN was founded in 1962 by Carlos Fonseca Amador, a Cuban-trained guerrilla who was slain by Somoza's troops two years ago.
- The slain entertainers all played related styles of music.
- Supporters of Pakistan's slain opposition leader Benazir Bhutto pray at the site where she was killed to commemorate the first anniversary of her assassination in Rawalpindi .
News & Articles
- Bloomfield Students Create Tribute To Slain Sandy Hook First-Grader
A group of friends at Carmen Arace Middle School have created what they hope will be a lasting tribute to a slain Sandy Hook first-grader and a legacy that future generations of students will carry on.
June 12, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Defense suggests slain Rockland mom's son may have faked evidence
Defense attorneys grilled the son of slain Rockland mother Tina Gonsalves for nearly three hours in cross-examination on Tuesday, calling Aaron Dorsett a “pathological liar” and suggesting he may have faked evidence to make it look like someone had broken into the family’s apartment.
June 11, 2013 - Rockland Standard
- Slain girl's mom upset with death penalty delay
The mother of a slain Kansas City, Kan., girl is blaming the federal government for causing a death penalty hearing for the man who killed the girl to be pushed back three months.
June 10, 2013 - KAIT Jonesboro
- Cory Booker in The Associated Press
Despite best efforts, we have not slain this beast,Booker said.
- Bill Clinton in BBC News
Aids is a very big dragon. The mythological dragon was slain by Saint George, the original knight in shining armour, but this dragon must be slain by millions and millions of foot soldiers,Mr Clinton told the conference.
- Charles Ramsey in ABC News
It's a way of just paying tribute to the slain officer,Ramsey said.