- s directed toward heaven or the sky
- r toward the sky
- Point it skyward and it uses GPS to name whatever heavenly body you're looking at.
- I watched as one of the battleships, perhaps the Arizona, went up in flames, soon blackened by huge funnels of clouds shooting skyward.
- This week Boeing's new 707 is scheduled to speed down the runway, and go skyward on her maiden flight.
News & Articles
- Home Opener: Hops are Hillsboro's team now
HILLSBORO, Ore. — When Hillsboro Hops third baseman Jordan Parr ripped a skyward blast out to left field in the second inning of the Hops' home opener, most of the sell-out crowd in attendance rose to their feet.
June 18, 2013 - The Columbian
- Cub Scouts celebrate Fathers Day with love and rockets
MONTGOMERY TWP. - Brendan Page kneeled on the grass, staring intently at the bright red rocket pointing skyward about 15 feet in front of him. The 9-year-old gripped the launch controller tightly as his brother, Ethan, 7, and more of his fellow Cub Scouts stood behind him and counted down from ten. "Three! Two! One! BLASTOFF!!" they screamed. Brendan pushed the button. His eyes widened, and his ...
June 17, 2013 - The Reporter
- PHOTO: Watching the sky
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s fireworks. The crowd in this photograph is shown gazing skyward during a 1970s fireworks display celebrating the Fourth of July. The location of the festivities was known at the time as “The Hole.” It was on the east side of Michigan Street between Washington and Colfax.
June 17, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend