- n a selfish person who is unwilling to give or spend
- Even the most skinflint shindigs run to a few hundred guests, several days of feasts and, occasionally, near bankruptcy for the hosts.
- Sophia Smith, for example, inherited a fortune from a skinflint bachelor brother and intended to open a school for deaf-mutes until she was told that there were not enough of .
- Hoping to get a raise from the skinflint that I worked for in Chicago, I phoned the news to get a go-ahead.
News & Articles
- The Best Sunscreen for Your Money
When it comes to skin cancer, I’m a skinflint. I was first diagnosed with melanoma when I was a teenager. I lost part of my left ear to the disease. Since then, with what’s left of both ears, I’ve listened ...
June 24, 2013 - Money Talks News via Yahoo! Finance
- Daniel in Macleans.ca
In a pinched economy, consumers are embracing their inner skinflint,Slate's Daniel Gross writes. "And Wal-Mart is a penny pincher's paradise."