- n incompleteness of details
- In between, there's a life, including three failed marriages, several infidelities and artistic ambitions he set aside, but Roth draws them with uncharacteristic sketchiness.
- In his business, no news was good news, which may account for the sketchiness of two previous biographies.
- It seems there's a sketchiness around the TV critic business these days.
- Lindsey Van in New York Times
The sketchiness of it all makes it more interesting,Van said. "It's an indescribable feeling. That's why I keep having to go up there again and again."