skeletal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or forming or attached to a skeleton
the skeletal system
- s very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold
a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys
- For example, a typical human has in his skeletal muscles an equal balance of "fast-twitch" muscle fibers (quick contracting, easily fatigued muscle tissue that generates high power .
- The data is used to help reconstruct 3-D portraits of skeletal remains.
- But then, nearly 40 years ago, he began to focus not just on skeletal structure but also on the hundreds of muscles that support the bones.
News & Articles
- Skeletal Remains Found in Iron Range Mine Pit ID'd
The skeletal remains found in a rural McKinley mine dump have been positively identified as 56-year-old Barnabas R. Kalina, Jr., of New York.
June 7, 2013 - WDIO Duluth
- Skeletal Remains Found in McKinley Identified as Missing NY Man
McKinley, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- The skeletal remains found in McKinley back on May 11 have been identified as those of missing New York man, Barnabas R. Kalina, Jr.
June 7, 2013 - Northland's News Center
- Skeletal Remains Found In Woods In Blue Earth Co.
Blue Earth County deputies found the skeletal remains of a body Thursday, authorities said, in a heavily wooded and rural area of South Bend Township.
June 7, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Ray Nagin in Earthtimes (press release)
I just cannot believe that Congresswoman Bachmann sponsored and brought to the American people, the use of images from the Holocaust, actual photographs of skeletal remains of people from the cremetoria, in order to make a point about the health... Steve Israel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Israel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFoAt__5stomuQeGqAAWHMItb4BBA The Washington Independent http://www.google.com/url?q=http://washingtonindependent.com/67009/democratic-congressman-demands-apology-from-bachmann&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUe_NMsagZRZ7Aykt33F527yAdSA Nov 6, 2009
90591 120687 skeletal We have over 50 per cent of our citizens without power. Our sewer system is damaged and not operational. And our hospitals are still with skeletal crews. So we'll repair most of that today and tomorrow and start the process for re-entry...
- Naguib Kanawati in Sydney Morning Herald
By that time the art of mummification was perfected to the extreme,Prof Kanawati said. "In Teti's time (the 6th dynasty) mummification was very primitive and the human remains found from his reign were only skeletal."