- n the portion of the loin (especially of beef) just in front of the rump
- Right this minute, I happen to be standing in my kitchen, and I'm making myself some ground sirloin steak.
- My bison sirloin was so tough and flavorless that I couldn't finish it; the fries tasted of old grease.
- He turned it into sirloin.
News & Articles
- Free Press Test Kitchen recipe: Tri-tip Steaks Southwest Style
Tri-tip steaks or whole roasts are terrific cuts of meat for the grill. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a triangular piece cut from the bottom portion of the sirloin. Try it for Father's Day.
June 15, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Recipe: Corned beef tongue, with horseradish topping
Once upon a time in America, there were just the prime cuts of beef — the tenderloin, sirloin and New York — and there was everything else. You paid a premium price for the prime cuts, and everything else on the steer was cheap, much of it turned into hamburger.
June 14, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Brockton woman charged in shrimp, steak thefts
A Brockton woman was held without bail Saturday after police said she went on a shoplifting spree of shrimp, sirloin steaks, hot wings and other items. Police charged Nicole Anne Legault, 41, of 27 Blaine St., Brockton, with larceny over $250 from Stop & Shop, 932 North Montello St. and arrested her on eight warrants about noon on Saturday.
June 10, 2013 - The Brockton Enterprise
- Carole Migden in San Jose Mercury News
I am struck by the fact that there is more fat content in some salads with dressing than there is in sirloin steak,said state Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco. "It's just reasonable to let people know the calories they will ingest."
- White in CBC.ca
It's very, very expensive. I saw it today. A 500 gram brick at an [Ottawa] grocery store was on sale - $2 off. It was $6 for 500 grams, so it was $12 a kilogram. A top sirloin steak was on sale for $9 a kilogram,said Whyte in an interview...
- Brodrick Bunkley in Philadelphia Inquirer
Me being a big guy, I try to stay away from them,Bunkley said. "They're pretty good, though. Big sirloin burgers, and I do love them."