- s unsupported by other people
- s without help from others
a single-handed accomplishment
- r without assistance
I built this house single-handedly
- It was the private war of "Christian General" Feng Yuhsiang, ostensibly to drive the Japanese single-handed out of China's "lost provinces.
- Shrek didn't remake fairy tales single-handed; it captured, and monetized, a long-simmering cultural trend.
- Today, single-handed and in his own right, el gran Mirador controls some 10% of the world's tin output.
- Wayne Rooney in The Press Association
This is a great opportunity for me to prove myself at world level,said Rooney. "I look at what Maradona and Pele did. They took the World Cup by the scruff of the neck and virtually won it single-handed. If I can manage half of what they...
- Lleyton Hewitt in Sydney Morning Herald
He's a little bit of an unknown,Hewitt said. "He's an up-and-comer. From what I've seen in the past, he's a pretty complete player, I think, an all-court kind of player with a nice forehand, nice single-handed backhand, nice first serve....
- Gregg Popovich in USA Today
Our performance at the free throw line was a single-handed great way to lose a game,San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said.