- n a person who sings
- n United States inventor of an improved chain-stitch sewing machine (1811-1875)
- n United States writer (born in Poland) of Yiddish stories and novels (1904-1991)
- After years as a nostalgia act, the 80s band has welcomed an ex-cover singer from the Philippines with open arms.
- The ears of Manhattan night-livers were happily tuned last week to a pair of pretty girl singers.
- The singers looked like refugees from a college promthe girls in powder blue tunics and the men in white dinner jackets.
News & Articles
- Singer, dancer Big Freedia to star in TV show
The singer and dancer known as Big Freedia is taking his hypersexual, booty-shaking moves from the streets of New Orleans to cable television with a reality show in the Fuse network. The performer's real ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Singer-Songwriter Jenny Owen Youngs Reveals She's 'Super Gay'
(Getty Images) Singer-songwriter Jenny Owen Youngs, the New Jersey native who had a viral hit in 2007 with her cover of Nelly's "Hot in Herre," revealed in an open letter posted Wednesday that she is "super gay" and engaged to a woman. Youngs made the announcement somewhat reluctantly, writing, "I just wish that being gay (or transgender, or asexual, or fill-in-the-blank here) was as ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Singer, dancer Big Freedia to star in TV show on Fuse network
The singer and dancer known as Big Freedia is taking his hypersexual, booty-shaking moves from the streets of New Orleans to cable television with a reality show on the Fuse network.
June 12, 2013 - WDSU New Orleans
- Roberto Cavalli in Washington Post
The thing about Jennifer Lopez, she is a singer, she is a dancer,Cavalli said. "Most of the time when I prepare something for the tour, the performer, they want something very soft so they can dance and so they can move free."
- Jennifer Hudson in San Jose Mercury News
She "was my biggest inspiration for everything," Hudson said, occasionally fanning herself as if she might just faint. "She was a singer, and she had the passion for it, but she never had the chance. And that was the thing that pushed me...
- Simon Cowell in International Herald Tribune
I'm pleased for the two of them,Cowell said of Sparks and Lewis. "They're nice kids. But I would have liked to have seen one of them up against the big singer."