- n the capital of Singapore; one of the world's biggest ports
- n a country in southeastern Asia on the island of Singapore; achieved independence from Malaysia in 1965
- n an island to the south of the Malay Peninsula
News & Articles
- Singapore air pollution soars to "very unhealthy" levels
SINGAPORE, June 19 (Reuters) - Singapore's air pollution level rose to "very unhealthy" levels late on Wednesday, with the main pollution index hitting the highest on record, as smoke from Indonesian ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Singapore Airlines orders 30 more Airbus A350s
PARIS (Reuters) - Singapore Airlines has placed a firm order for 30 Airbus A350-900 aircraft worth $8.6 billion at list prices, with options for 20 more of the jetliners. The airline could convert the options into larger A350-1000s under the terms of the deal, Airbus said at the Paris Airshow on Wednesday. The carrier now has 70 firm orders for the A350, Airbus added. (Reporting by Maria Sheahan ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Singapore fumes as air pollution hits 16-year high
SINGAPORE (AP) — Singaporeans rolled back military training, kept cough-stricken children indoors and considered wearing protective masks to work after a smoky haze triggered by forest fires in neighboring Indonesia caused air pollution to briefly hit its worst level in nearly 16 years.
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- John Thain in Forbes
Thain said on Monday after the announcement of the Temasek and Davis investments that "we see significant benefits from partnering with Temesek Holdings given its sizeable investments across Asia particularly in Singapore, China and India. We view...
- Retief Goosen in Forbes
Singapore is probably the hottest I've been,said Retief Goosen, who won the US Open at Southern Hills in 2001.